Our Lady of the Lake Catholic ChurchChapin, SC The design for this new church building celebrates eight historically significant stained glass windows acquired from a convent in New Jersey. The sanctuary accommodates 650 people, and is designed for future expansion to 1000. The narthex, support spaces, and steeple are also designed for ease of expansion as the congregation grows and the transepts are extended. The site is master planned to include future education buildings and a cloister walkway to connect the campus buildings. Other church spaces include the narthex, choir balcony, Adoration Chapel, cry room/bride’s room, sacristy, vesting room, and other support spaces. New pews were installed in the nave as part of the project. In some parts of the building, cabinetry and other millwork were built by a church member from repurposed existing pews. Other existing pews from the nave were re-built to fit the new transepts.