Brushy Creek Baptist Church
This extensive renovation provided much-needed gathering space in an expansive new lobby for a historic congregation founded in 1794. The existing lobby was constrained and was not conducive to fellowship before and after worship services; the new space is welcoming, engaging, and spacious. A new reception area, coffee bar, and lounge with informal seating all encourage informal interactions and strengthen opportunities for engagement.
Prior to the renovation, the façade projected a “school” aesthetic. The new design clearly communicates a “church” aesthetic with an inspiring new façade and large-scale cross that invites the congregation into its new space. The renovation also improved circulation with the addition of a new stairwell and elevator. Exposed custom wood trusses designed for the lobby roof support a clerestory which draws the eye upwards and brings natural light into the space below.
Location: Taylors, SC